Sunday, January 6, 2013

Almost Ready to Go

It is almost time to go. Transition is never easy.  As I go on this next phase of My Journey or I should say My Journey with God I will be serving within a much different culture. A culture that I am sure I will not always understand but I rest assured God will equip my every need. God contains all comfort and He created me in His image. I therefore have the capacity to be comfortable with Him in any situation he leads me into. Perhaps it can be intimidating but I treasure these opportunities that God is giving me so again I take that step in faith. I know the reward.

I will be serving with Christ For the City International (CFCI). These folks are a blessing in my life! I will be leaving Thursday Jan 10th and arriving in Cochabamba, Bolivia on Friday Jan 11th. I will be returning back to the states on April 8th, 2013. I am super excited, excited to see what God has in store for me. Excited to share Jesus to whomever God puts in my path. Excited to witness God transform lives.

I want to thank each of you for your prayers, I feel these prayers! God is so faithful, loyal and loving but it is a comfort to know my family, friends, supporters, prayer warriors are behind me. I covet your continual prayers. I ask that you pray now for my health (we know I tend to catch all sorts of germs!!) and that I stay 100% healthy while in Bolivia. Please pray also for travel mercies and that I receive the guidance, wisdom and discernment I may need. Lastly pray that I may be a shining beacon to others for I am His Child and one of His deepest desires is to have all His children in His Kingdom.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."  Colossians 3:17

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan, Mom here:
    Well, you are not quite in the air from Miami to Bolivia and I know you must be a bit anxious and excited. We certainly are for you...missing you and wishing you everything that God desires to give you from this trip. I know your heart is full of giving for Him. Somehow the blessing comes right back to you,it's amazing to watch him work. You have truly turned your life over to Him and all I have witnessed has been blessing after blessing.He didn't say there would not be some rough spots, but having Him to carry us thru them is what counts. He's got you all the way and you will be a constant prayer (on my heart). Can you tell I miss you so much? Blessings, MOM

    ReplyDelete