Saturday, January 12, 2013

Arrival in Cochabamba, Bolivia

I am here safely!
"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11 And how true this is.

I arrived in Cochabamba yesterday (Friday) morning. Before I left Charlotte and leading up to the date of my departure I found myself  a bit anxious. I had decided I was going to say "see you in April" instead of "good bye"! Leaving family and friends was more difficult this time..Why? Not sure although as I walked down the terminal I had that  unsurpassing Peace come upon me and  I was reminded of the scripture "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ, Jesus." Philippians 4:7

After leaving Miami the start of the overnight flight to La Paz, Bolivia was experiencing much turbulence. My initial thought was what my life was without Jesus very bumpy and unpredictable.  Saying thank you Jesus for saving me will never be enough. I continually remember the source of my Strength and my Provider in ALL things that I do.  My faith must transcend the boundaries of what I see, hear and feel.  

I must say day two here has been great. I feel rested, refreshed and so healthly!!! PTL  I am so looking forward to what God has in store for me. Monday myself and Adam, a year volunteer, will start working with young children at a day school ....not exactly sure of all the ins and outs but I do know that I can't wait to meet, make bonds and share some Jesus with these kiddos even with the language barrier. I will be here for three months so I plan on taking full advantage of all the opportunities that I am presented with or ones I present myself with!

                                                 The Sunrise as my flight is approaching La Paz, Bolivia
                                                        My first view of Cochabamba from the plane
 The Andes Mountains
My roommate Cara! She will be serving for a year here in a clinic as a nurse

 Adam, Shirley, Cara & Myself. We are brother and sisters in Christ.Willing Servants ready to serve Him who gets ALL the Glory!!!
                                               

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Stay happy, safe and serving Him. Looks like a good congenial group....has to be if you are all His Followers. Blessings, Mom

    ReplyDelete