Monday, September 10, 2012

Virus has slowed me down BUT not for long!

As I woke up this morning I opened my Bible to Isaiah and ended up in chapter 40 as I was reading verse 7 it spoke to me "The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on it. Surely the people are grass." 


God is my comfort daily but today when I woke up I felt like withered grass...helpless and weak! I cannot always be strong and all it has taken this time is this nasty beast of a germ moving throughout Medellin. It is wrecking havoc on me!!! Again, this allows me to see how truly fragile and weak my human condition is or can become.

Continuing to read verse 8 "The grass withers , the flowers fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever."
God's Word is my comfort. Isaiah understood that though I/we do wither and fade, my confidence is that the Word of God stands forever. No matter how discouraged I feel from having this virus I have been able to turn to God's Word for comfort and encouragement. I stand firm on God's Promises knowing He will fulfill His Word to me.

 The missionaries that I am staying with are so very kind and loving to me along with Carolina and Phil. After taking a shower (which took ALL my energy) Carolina went with me to the pharmacy right down the street. The pharmacy is where my friends here go regularly and they know the pharmacist so I was very comfortable. My doctor had sent some nausea medicine along with me for my journey but the kind of nausea medicine I got from this pharmacy is mucho better!!!! PTL. It is very important that I keep my body replenished with nutrients so Cristina just made me some "Guada". It is a a blended type of drink! Please pray for me that I will be out and about SOON. I am here to serve Jesus and witness to lost, damaged souls....I am here to Glorify Him!



Early Saturday morning Cristina took me to the heart of downtown Medellin. I loved it! We ventured from one extreme to the next. Homeless people under bridges to people out in plan sight drinking, smoking weed, cocaine and heroin. You could also witness kids "huffing" this type of industrial glue not only to get high but make their hunger pains go away. God does NOT rejoice in the loss of anyone, but desires all of mankind to be saved by His Grace, Mercy and Love. God is always on a rescue mission to save all from the destructive forces of sin and evil.

Blessings and Love to each of you. I so cherish your prayers, encouraging words and your love.


Look real close and you can see a boy/man at the top of picture bent over. (under the trees). Looked like there was fresh water coming out and he was drinking and bathing.

Across the street homeless people openly doing drugs 
Just a small view of the downtown streets. All are VERY populated with people and venders.   








No comments:

Post a Comment