Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love ?

God's greatest command "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind". This is the first and greatest commandment. The second similar; "Love your neighbor as yourself."

I am filled with God's joy at every attempt I make at reaching one of the girls of the Foundation. These girl have no idea what Love is or how to Love. My deepest desire has been to serve the people here in Colombia in compassion and Love so that they can experience transformation, restoration, freedom, healing, love and joy just as I have.

I must be honest and tell you that I have questioned myself in a sense of what can I really be accomplishing. As I began to get involved in the lives of strugglers, (I  think it is safe to say each of us "struggle" with something in our life or have in the past) as I began to realize the true condition of their lives and just how much work there is to be done I felt a sense of hopelessness.

I had really been thinking about what sort of difference myself was making in seeking to serve and Love in Colombia at Open Arms Foundation. I forgot to consider that it is only because of God's power and Love working in and through me that I can accomplish even the smallest victories. The Bible does not say that with God, we can accomplish most anything within reason. It says that with God, ANYTHING is possible (Matthew 19:26). 

Luke 6:32 "If you Love those who Love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners Love those who Love them."

It does not say to Love as long as it is comfortable, it says to Love in ways that are naturally uncomfortable. So yes, I have been discouraged at times and this brought me back home to 1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Rejoice Always."

 I desire my faith only to be found in God and in what He can accomplish through me, for His Glory and Honor. I want to Love so much like Jesus that hearts would be set on fire, so much like Jesus that lives would be transformed by His light shining through me.




No comments:

Post a Comment